Wednesday 27 January 2010

Skills audit of Bait tutorial:

The bait tutorial was put together to familiarise ourselves with the editing program Final Cut Pro, of which we will be using to edit our thriller openings. We were able to successfully edit together pieces of existing clips and cutting where necessary.

By selecting a clip from the browser and choosing an "in" and "out" point, I was able to reduce the length at any point, starting and ending at the appropriate point. To cut on a specific frame I was then able to stop the clip and find the point by completely slowing it down usung the left and right arrow keys. I was then able to view what I had cut in the viewer. Once happy with the cut clip, I was able to drag it onto the time-line
. A sequence of clips was then formed, and where i felt necessary, additional cuts could be made using the "razor" tool or by simply shortening the clip on the time-line. Once satstified, i was able to play back the entire sequence that i myself had edited.
I really enjoyed the tutorial, it was task of which enabled me to learn how to successfully edit a piece of film.

No comments:

Post a Comment