Tuesday 16 March 2010

Art of The Title Sequence


This title sequence really stood out for me because it was different and what really stood out for me was the actual titles and the colour and animation behind the titles for instance the colour of the titles is red and red is meant to represent blood which is affected and it sets up the film as being a thriller and as my film is a thriller it gave me ideas for my thriller as to make the colour of the writing to be significance to the story. However with the transition of the titles and how they move around of the blood running down the screen is really abstract and i like the idea of using abstract title sequence as it is different and if it goes with the story like this title sequence i think it could really impress the examiner.

what I also liked about this title sequence is how it is not just titles it has action in it as well and shows part of the film or the story which is a really good idea because even though it is only a title sequence which is seen as a rest period before the film begins it captures the audience straight away and gets them into the film which is one of my key aims in making my title sequence. As it is not just title sequence which are usually boring as nothing really happen in them I found this one exciting and it caught my attention and this was one of the only ones where I found myself after looking to watch the film and make it carry on which is a good way not just to make a good title sequence but to make a good movie.

As this title sequence is very abstract with the writing but also with the types of shots used for examples in this title sequence there is an establishing shot of loads of people in a room which is black and white which in itself is an interesting shot as you want to find out why its old and who are those people but there is also closeups of main characters, which gave me an idea to use in mine as i want to show the story as well i think it is important that show who my main characters are and the best way to do so is close ups. there is a many variety's of shots in this title sequence that make it interesting such as extreme close ups and many different cuts in black and white which make it a very interesting title sequence.

there are many things that appeal to me about this title sequence such as the cuts used and how it is edited to news affairs and how that is in black and white and the close ups of people with blood on them which correspond with the actual titles as they are red which represent blood and Gore and the audience can expect blood as they are told in a subtle way which is a clever idea. this title sequence gave me many ideas for my thriller title sequence in to show action and to make it abstract in the edits and the actual titles to make it different and to help me impress the examiner.

No comments:

Post a Comment